Saturday, May 28, 2005

Aug 3 - Shipping Stuff Home

Tonight I feel hot and headachy and have a sore throat.

I think Meghan gave me her stupid cold on the bus to Tlacolula. She has also been sitting right across from me coughing for 2 days, right in my face. Great. I bought a bunch of cold medicine and Kleenex in case I need it.

Of course my hypochondriac brain is imagining being sick on the trip home.

I decided to ship all the stuff I bought here back to the US so it wouldn't get broken in my luggage.

I took a taxi home from downtown so I would have time to collect all the stuff and get it downtown before the place closed.

I took another taxi back downtown with my big satchel of everything I had bought in Mexico.

I carried upstairs, unloaded all my stuff in the shipping office, filled out forms, and got an estimate. This all took about half an hour

$260 to send it all. I about died.

I had figured maybe $30, so I was really taken aback. I mean, everything is only worth about $200 total.

I decided to just buy another piece of luggage and schlep. I went down to Mercado Calle 21 de Noviembre and bought a $20 rolling suitcase of questionable quality.

It turns out Greg has been trying to call me. I got an email from him today. Doh. I don't know when we’ll have phones again. Probably same time next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home