Saturday, May 28, 2005

July 28 - Clothing Issues

10 pm

My poor wrecked feet. My stupid sandals were hurting my feet so bad, so I bought these new ones at a store owned by a gringa up by Santo Domingo.

I hated my old shoes so bad I didntt even want them anymore (the soles were pretty worn out). I just told her to dispose of them (she said she would leave them out for someone to find), and bought these comfy new ones with wide elastic straps. Then I walked home with them on and the bumpy elastic sanded all the skin off my little toes. My feet were bleeding like crazy. Yikes.

Now I have zero pairs of comfortable sandals, 1 pair of flip flops that also tend to give blisters if I wear them for a long time, a pair of really ugly tennis shoes, and a pair of tennis shoes that look sort of like bowling shoes. Nothing to wear with a dress.

My fashion problem is complicated by my laundry problem.

After almost 2 sweaty weeks, my clothes are all dirty.

Tomorrow I could wear 1) a slightly stinky dress 2) a pair of long shorts - not much done here or 3) a long skirt.

If it is 1 or 3, what shoes do I wear? The bowling shoes? I could wear flipflops downtown and buy ANOTHER pair of new shoes tomorrow. It is a little ridiculous. What was I thinking when I packed my shoes?

The laundry is closed when I leave for school and closed when I get home. I guess I could ask Gloria to take it over for me...but you know how I like to be independent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home