Saturday, May 28, 2005

A second trip to Museo Santo Domingo

After school, Mary, Mari and I went to Santo Domingo museum together.

We rented the audio devices , which were pretty disorganized and irrelevant to the exhibits. There would be a number on an exhibit, and you would listen to the recording with that same number, and it would be only tangentially related to what you were seeing.

Or the exhibit would have #30 at one end of a huge hall and #31 down at the other end, then #39 back toward #30. Or there would be something with information about it but no identifying number. All very nutty.

Afterwards, like girls, we shopped - that’s how I ended up at the gringa gift shop where I bought the painful toe-sanding sandals. I also got 2 embroidered shirts from a Zapoteca street vendor woman named Adela, one for me and one for Robin.


Santo Domingo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home